… And of course Far’s addled brain somehow thinks that midnight is a terific time to do speedpaints of muscle cars…
Guess what I’ve been watching lately. Just guess. I have like, nine years’ worth of catching up to do. >.<
I would like one Supernatural episode where someone tries to make Sam feel good. I will settle for one where no one puts Sam down.
have you met Becky?
Holy fark. Okay, let’s clear this up.
1. Becky drugged Sam. There is a reason that even IRL witches are hesitant to mess with things like love spells—you are effectively drugging them with the plant chemicals, to say nothing of the other aspects. Becky straight-up had a vial of a drug and slipped it into Sam’s drink.
2. She started off meeting Sam and grabbing his chest, then refusing to let go when he asked and was clearly uncomfortable. From the start, her attraction to Sam was about her, not Sam.
3. Sam’s consent has almost never mattered in this show. He was fed demon blood as a baby, he had Gadreel trick him into letting him in, he’s been possessed by Meg and Lucifer…even Lucifer didn’t give a rat’s ass about Sam’s consent, he just wanted to wear Sam down until Sam said yes (‘What if I kill myself?’ ‘I’ll just bring you back.’). ANYONE reading those books would know that. Becky especially.
4. Becky whined in that episode about not having even consummated their ‘marriage’ yet. Drugged sex without consent, like all sex without consent, is called rape. Yes, women can rape men, and this is a good example of how—with drugs.
5. Notice how that whole episode was Sam doing things for Becky? She didn’t do things for him, to make him feel special, other than flattering him—she dragged him to her high school reunion, butted in on a Hunt (which, btw, put her life in danger and was actually a really bad idea on any level), and enjoyed Sam spoiling her.
Put all that together, and you do not have someone making Sam feel good. You have someone who used Sam as a fantasy boyfriend.
Not. The. Same. And never okay. Becky is not Sam’s ideal or friend; she is a wannabe rapist and stalker.
"It’s supposed to be you and me against the world, right?"
“Dean, it is.”
Blind-painting Sam Winchester. i.e. Starting out with an eye, and hoping for the best. i.e. The kind of crap I used to do before I got serious and found Andrew Loomis and learnt about guidelines and planes and constructing heads and you just don’t start with a bloody floating eye in the middle of goddamn nowhere.
It could have come out better. On the other hand, it could’ve come out a whole lot worse.
supernatural season eight
You know, the thing is… I actually love Dean to pieces. I know it probably doesn’t seem like it at times, and sometimes I need to remind myself of that, but I really do love him.
And if things were switched, and the narrative of the show heavily focussed on Sam’s POV instead; if the majority of fans/fandom took Sam’s side on everything, constantly justifying everything he ever did, while hating Dean for doing those same things… then I would probably defend Dean with the same passion and anger that I do for Sam.
But that’s not the way things are, at least, not in my 3-year experience. The reason I don’t make many posts about Dean feels or defend his perspective or his actions, is because I don’t need to. There are millions of other people doing that already. Everybody knows why Dean does the things he does - the show focusses on his point of view, and his emotional state almost all of the time.
If I could scroll through the Sam tag after an episode has aired and, like the Dean tag, not find it clogged with hateful comments, I wouln’t feel the need to scream when I talk about Supernatural. But I can’t.
If Sam had multiple complex relationships with other characters, whose relationship was primarily with him instead of Dean, I wouldn’t roll my eyes every time a new character is introduced and gets friendly with Dean. But he doesn’t.
If there was an important character (besides a manipulative demon) who took Sam’s side, and called Dean out on his mistakes/assholery, I wouldn’t feel such a strong need to do that for him. But there isn’t.
If people gave Sam compliments that weren’t so backhanded as “You’re a freak, but you’re not dangerous” and “The only person who screwed up more than you is me.” I wouldn’t be so bitter about the few ‘positive’ Sam interactions that we get. But they don’t.
If Sam wasn’t villified for doing good, healthy things, like leaving an abusive household to pursue an education, or setting boundaries in their relationship, or trying to move on and build a life for himself (like. they. agreed. to. fucking. do.), then I wouldn’t be so damn bitter. But he is.
All the damn time.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH STRAIGHT BOYS
I AM DEAD
♛ first encounters ; bela talbot
3x03 — bad day at black rock
The Chris Crisis. All three of Marvels Chris’s do the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Random Edit - 127~128/?